My Simple, Beautiful Life: catch up

a simple, beautiful life

Friday, October 12, 2012

catch up

so it's been a crazy couple of weeks. 

not only did fall disappear in 2.5 seconds, and drew all of a sudden decided that crawling and pulling himself up was a grand idea, i started a new job.

and not just any new job...a job at UND. {insert heart exploding with excitement and fraulein maria twirling in the austrian hills here}

i struggled with the decision to move positions.  the stars literally aligned and the heavens parted...that's how this job came into play.  my {everyone's} lifecoach, renee, told me that where there is passion and purpose, profitability will be found.  well when you say it like that, it's a no brainer.

telling my boss jon that i was leaving was possibly one of the hardest things i have had to do.  that is, until i had to tell my cowoker/confidant/partner-in-crime diane.  keeping my mouth shut about this job opportunity was hard.  i tell diane everything.  i mean, i kept both of my pregnancies to a minimum until well into the 4th month for both boys.  and even then, i told diane the day after i found out about drew.  she knew before my mom, and that's kinda huge.

soooo, after that sob-fest, came the longest, yet shortest two weeks of my life.  i was so excited about the new opportunity at UND, yet sad to leave such a great group of people that i work with.  but to anyone who knows me, this move is definitely not a surprise.  it's a natural fit.

i get to work with students.  one on one.  i know that may not seem like much, but to me it's everything.  i won't bore you with why i needed to get back into education, but let's just say i followed my heart.  and for the first time, i can honestly say i'm finally starting to feel like this is where i need to be.

so there you have it folks.  we're all well.  we're all happy.  and we're all adjusting to a new normal and i couldn't be more happier.  and to tide you over, here are a few iphone pictures.  long story short, james lost my sd card for my camera.  he tells me we were playing hide & seek, but pretty sure he's the winner of this game, as the remote is well hidden too.  ah, the joys.


watch me, mama!

i am home.

a happy corner of my desk.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment